Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Naan Pizza


Naan Pizzas are easy and quick to prepare and is delicious. One lazy evening, I didn't feel like cooking and we were totally out of fresh vegetables at home. The only thing I had on hand was some frozen Naan, sun dried tomatoes, olives and cheese. So we decided to just make Naan Pizza out of it. Since I didn’t have any marinara or pesto sauce on hand, I decided to spread some mayonnaise on it. It just took few minutes to put together and came out quite satisfying so we have been making this every now and then. This is not exactly a recipe but I thought I'll share since we like it a lot.


Naan Pizza

Makes: 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
4 Frozen Garlic Naan
4 teaspoons Mayonnaise
1/3 cup Kalamata Olives – thinly sliced
1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil – sliced
1 – 4 ounce cup Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Juice - drained
1/2 cup Extra Sharp Cheddar or Cheese of your choice – grated
1 tablespoon Cilantro – roughly chopped (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Spread 4 frozen Naans in a microwave safe plate and microwave for about 1 minute.
  3. Spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise on each of the Naan.
  4. Top it up with remaining ingredients among 4 Naans.
  5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted & Naan is crispy.
Note: I used toaster oven so it took me about 8 minutes. If using a big oven, it might take a little longer to cook.

Print this recipe >>